Nick Holonyak, Jr. Award
This award recognizes an individual who has made significant contributions to optics based on semiconductor-based optical devices and materials, including basic science and technological applications.
The nominator must be a current OSA member.
The nominee do not need to be OSA members.
Award Nomination Requirements
1. Name and email address for the nominee
2. Proposed award citation (no more than 35 words)
3. An original, one-page narrative/introductory statement describing the nominee's significant contributions to optics based on semiconductor-based optical devices and materials, including basic science and technological applications.
4. Nominee's resume or CV, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key: patents, awards, honors, activities, publications, reports or product releases, and OSA service.
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference. The name and email address is required for each reference.
6. Optional listing of additional patents, publications, reports or product releases, or additional support for the nominee
Note – all documents must in PDF format.