Max Born Award
Presented to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to physical optics.
The nominator must be a current OSA member.
The nominee(s) do not need to be OSA members.
1. Name and email address for the nominee
2. Award citation (no more than 35 words), which typically starts with “for” and should be concise, but broad enough to encompass the nominee’s contributions.
3. An original, one-page narrative/support statement describing the nominee's contributions to physical optics.
4. Nominee's resume or CV, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key: patents, awards, honors, activities, publications, reports or product releases, and OSA service.
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference. The name and email address is required for each reference.
6. Optional support documents could include: additional patents, publications, reports, product releases, etc.
Note – all documents must in PDF format.