Joseph Fraunhofer Award / Robert M. Burley Prize
This award recognizes significant research accomplishments in the field of optical engineering.
The nominator must be a current OSA member.
The nominee(s) do not need to be OSA members.
Award Nomination Requirements
1. Name and email address for the nominee
2. Award citation (no more than 35 words), which typically starts with “for” and should be concise, but broad enough to encompass the nominee’s contributions.
3. A one-page narrative/statement describing the nominee's significant research accomplishments in the field of optical engineering.
4. Nominee's resume or CV, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key patents, awards, honors, activities, publications, reports or product releases, and OSA service.
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference. The name and email address is required for each reference.
6. Optional materials such as additional patents, publications, reports, product releases, or additional support for the nominee may be included. Please remember that all materials should support the work/accomplishments outlined in the citation and narrative statement.
Note – all documents must in PDF format.