Herbert Walther Award
Recognizing distinguished contributions in quantum optics and atomic physics as well as leadership in the international scientific community. This award is co-sponsored by Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (DPG) and OSA.
Nomination & Reference Deadline
There are no membership or country of residence restrictions for nominators.
There are no membership or country of residence restrictions for nominees. Note - the nominee does not participate in the process, and accordingly, self-nomination is not permitted.
1. Name and email address for the nominee
2. Award citation (no more than 35 words), which typically starts with “for” and should be concise, but broad enough to encompass the nominee’s contributions.
3. An original, one-page narrative/support statement describing the nominee's outstanding contributions to quantum optics and atomic physics, as well as leadership in the international scientific community.
4. Nominee's resume or CV, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key: positions, patents, awards, honors, activities, volunteer service, publications, and reports or product releases.
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference. The name and email address is required for each reference.
6. Optional support documents could include: additional patents, publications, reports, product releases, etc.
Note – all documents must in PDF format.