Esther Hoffman Beller Medal
Presented for outstanding contributions to education in optical science and engineering.
Consideration is given to outstanding teaching and/or original work in optics education that enhances the understanding of optics. Candidates at every career stage should be considered.
The nominator must be a current OSA member.
The nominee(s) do not need to be OSA members.
Award Nomination Requirements
1. Name and email address for the nominee
2. Award citation (no more than 35 words), which typically starts with “for” and should be concise, but broad enough to encompass the nominee’s contributions.
3. An original, one-page narrative/support statement describing the nominee's contributions to education, outstanding teaching, and/or original work in education.
4. Nominee's resume or CV, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key: teaching accomplishments, patents, awards, honors, activities, publications, reports or product releases, and OSA service.
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference. The name and email address is required for each reference.
6. Optional support documents could include: additional patents, publications, reports, product releases, etc.
Note – all documents must in PDF format.