Esther Hoffman Beller Medal
Presented for outstanding contributions to education in optical science and engineering.
Consideration is given to outstanding teaching and/or original work in optics education that enhances the understanding of optics. Candidates at every career stage should be considered.
The nominator must be a current OSA member.
The nominee(s) do not need to be OSA members.
Award Nomination Requirements
1. Name and email address for the nominee
2. Award citation (no more than 30 - 35 words), which typically starts with “for” and should be concise, but broad enough to encompass the nominee’s contributions.
3. A one-page narrative/support statement describing the nominee's contributions to education, outstanding teaching and/or original work in education.
4. Nominee's resume or CV, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key: teaching accomplishments, patents, awards, honors, activities, publications, reports or product releases, and OSA service.
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference. The name and email address is required for each reference.
6. Optional support documents could include: additional patents, publications, reports, product releases, etc.
Note – all documents must in PDF format.