OSA Members in the News
OSA Members are the world's leading scientists, educators, engineers, students and business professionals with an interest in optics and photonics. We invite you to read about some of the OSA newsmakers below. You may also submit news about yourself or a colleague.
OSA Corporate Member News is available in the Corporate Gateway section of OSA.org.
- OSA Fellow and 2010 OSA President, James C. Wyant, pledges $20 million USD to The University of Arizona to support 10 new faculty positions in its College of Optical Sciences.
- OSA Fellow and Board of Director, Michal Lipson, honored with honorary doctorate at Trinity College Dublin.
- OSA Early Career members, Brian Williams and Joseph Lukens, and Senior member, Nicholas Peters of Oak Ridge National Lab are amongst team recognized for demonstrating a frequency-based approach to quantum computing.
- OSA Fellow and 2013 OSA President, Donna Strickland, accepts the Nobel Prize in Physics in Stockholm.
- OSA Fellow, Sir David Payne, and The University of Southampton team named to the "UK's Best Breakthroughs" list of the last century.