Global Meeting Grants
OSA supports the global optics community through a variety of programs. This includes considering requests for meeting grants/sponsorships. Grants are usually modest (under $5,000) and not intended to fully underwrite a meeting. Priority is given to meetings held in developing or underrepresented countries or focused on emerging topics of interest to the OSA community. If you have questions please contact us at MeetingGrants@osa.org.
What will OSA fund?
Support from OSA is restricted to student prizes or grants to encourage student, invited speaker and/or attendee participation. OSA funds are not available for publications, catering, facility rental or other operational expenses.
Can individuals apply directly for support to attend a meeting/conference?
No, this program provides sponsorship funds/grants directly to meeting organizers, not to individuals. If you are seeking personal travel support for a meeting/conference, please contact the meeting organizers directly.
When are requests due?
Requests are considered three times each year for meetings taking place during a specific time-frame.
Please note that if you submit your application early, it will be held until the appropriate review cycle.
Deadline: 15 February
Meetings taking place between May and August
Deadline: 18 June
Meetings taking place between September and December
Deadline: 18 October
Meetings taking place between January and April
What information is required?
The following information should be submitted to MeetingGrants@osa.org:
- Meeting Name
- Web site
- Primary Contact Name
- Primary Contact Affiliation
- Primary Contact Email
- Chairperson Name (if different from above)
- Chairperson Affiliation
- Chairperson Email
- A short description of meeting scope, purpose, topics and the target audience
- Estimated total attendance
- Estimated student attendance
- Expected number of presentations (contributed, invited, plenary, tutorial, poster, etc)
- Current Program Committee, with affiliations
- Invited speakers with affiliations (please note which are confirmed)
- Is this meeting one in a series of conferences?
- If yes, what the attendance at the previous meeting
- When did it take place and where
- How often does the meeting take place
- Amount Requested
- How will the funds be used
- How will OSA be recognized as a sponsor
- List of any other co-sponsoring or cooperating organizers, including the type and amount of support they are providing
15 February – Requests for meetings taking place between May and August
18 June – Requests for meetings taking place between September and December
18 October – Requests for meetings taking place between January and April