Global Meeting Grants
OSA supports the global optics community through a variety of programs. This includes considering requests for meeting grants/sponsorships. Grants are usually modest (under $5,000) and not intended to fully underwrite a meeting. If you have questions please contact us at MeetingGrants@osa.org.
What will OSA fund?
Support from OSA is restricted to student prizes or grants to encourage student, invited speaker and/or attendee participation. OSA funds are not available for publications, catering, facility rental or other operational expenses.
What’s the timeline and review process?
Requests are considered three times each year for meetings taking place during a specific time-frame. Applicants may be asked to provide supplemental information to support their funding request. Note – if you submit your application early, it will be held until the appropriate review cycle.
Review Cycle 1 – Meetings taking place between May and August
Request Deadline: 15 February
Requests for Supplemental Information Sent: 22 February
Supplemental Information Deadline: 7 March
Funding Decisions Sent: 15 March
Review Cycle 2 – Meetings taking place between September and December
Request Deadline: 18 June
Requests for Supplemental Information Sent: 26 June
Supplemental Information Deadline: 9 July
Funding Decisions Sent: 16 July
Review Cycle 3 – Meetings taking place between January and April
Request Deadline: 18 October
Requests for Supplemental Information Sent: 25 October
Supplemental Information Deadline: 7 November
Funding Decisions Sent: 15 November
What information is required?
The following information should be submitted to MeetingGrants@osa.org:
- Meeting Name:
- Web site:
- Primary Contact Name:
- Primary Contact Affiliation:
- Primary Contact E-mail:
- Chairperson Name (if different from above):
- Chairperson Affiliation:
- Chairperson E-mail:
- A short description of meeting scope, purpose, topics and the target audience:
- Estimated total attendance:
- Estimated student attendance:
- Expected number of presentations (contributed, invited, plenary, tutorial, poster, etc):
- Current Program Committee, with affiliations:
- Invited speakers with affiliations (please note which are confirmed):
- Is this meeting one in a series of conferences?
- If yes, what the attendance at the previous meeting:
- When did it take place and where:
- How often does the meeting take place:
- Amount Requested:
- How will the funds be used:
- How will OSA be recognized as a sponsor:
- Please list any other co-sponsoring or cooperating organizers, including the type and amount of support they are providing:
15 February – Requests for meetings taking place between May and August
18 June – Requests for meetings taking place between September and December
18 October – Requests for meetings taking place between January and April