Optica is looking for a Staff Accountant.
This position supports various aspects of finance and accounting functions. Primary duties include processing weekly AP vouchers (travel expense reimbursements, wire requests, quarterly and year end 1099 transaction review, vendor setup and maintenance) and supports the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial closing processes.
- Processes weekly accounts payable transactions – invoices, wire requests, travel and expense reimbursements.
- Prepares approved wire payments and uploads to bank portal for review.
- Setups new vendor and maintains vendor records.
- Reviews quarterly and year end 1099 transactions.
- Maintains fixed assets schedules and prepares depreciation expense entry.
- Prepares monthly accruals, reclasses, corporate credit card expenses, credit card fees allocations, retirement and flexible spending account entries, postage meter usage.
- Reviews and reconciles meetings registration transactions, creates deferred entries, and assists with closing out conferences.
- Runs monthly project and ad hoc reports for stakeholders.
- Reconciles select balance sheet accounts and researches transactions to clear out balances.
- Assists Director of Accounting and colleagues as needed with monthly and year end closing and audit preparations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years applicable experience in accounts payable and general ledger accounting.
- Experience in performing accurate high-volume accounts payable transactions.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with applying policies and procedures to transactions.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL and Management Reporter.
Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office suite; intermediate Excel skills required
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and verbal and written communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work with others.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Optica is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability, religion, maritial status, veteran's status, personal appearance, politicial affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other basis prohibited by law.Apply Now