OSA technical communities bring together members around the globe to help foster lasting, valuable connections. OSA currently has six broad technical divisions, each comprised of several specialized technical groups designed to unite members with colleagues and leaders within their subfield of optics and photonics.
OSA Technical Groups aim to create vibrant, active communities for all of our members to participate in. Our technical groups provide valuable leadership and learning experiences, opportunities to expand your network and create lasting connections within in your field. As an OSA Member you can join up to five technical groups, which offer:
- Exclusive networking events for a chance to connect with fellow members
- Special events with tailored programming at OSA meetings
- Online forums to engage in discussions with members across the globe
- Focused information on the latest news and developments in the field
- Opportunities to explore emerging topics in the group’s subfield of optics and photonics
With over 40 different technical groups to select from, you can be sure to find a community offering the latest news, information and events of interest to you. You may select up to five technical groups when you join or renew your OSA membership. Current OSA members can also update their technical group selections at any time by updating their profile in My Account.
Technical Divisions & Groups