Education and Training in Optics & Photonics Conference
The bi-annual ETOP conference, first held in 1988, is an international forum dedicated to the dissemination of information related to the teaching of optics and photonics.
It is the goal of this international conference to bring together leading optics and photonics educators from all levels, orientations and parts of the world to discuss, demonstrate and learn about new developments and approaches to teaching in these fields. Through presentations, panel discussions, workshops and exhibits, it is the intent of this conference to aid professors, students, teachers and professional trainers in teaching optics and photonics for the future.
ETOP addresses topics at the pre-college, technician, two-year, four-year and graduate-equivalent levels. Typical session topics include:
- training and laboratory materials for demonstrations
- training and continuing education in collaboration with industry
- education in geometrical optics, quantum optics technologies for integrated diffractive optics
- software for teaching
- computer assisted learning
- curriculum development laboratories for optics and photonics education
- education and training for inter- and multidisciplinary applications
ETOP-2017, the 14th International Conference on Education and Training in Optics and Photonics, will be held on May 29-31, 2017 in Hangzhou, China.
The goal of ETOP-2017 is to bring together leading optics and photonics educators from all levels and orientations to discuss, demonstrate and learn about new developments and approaches to teaching in these fields. Through presentations, panel discussions, workshops and exhibits, it is the intent of this conference to inform professors, students, teachers and professional trainers on how to teach optics and photonics for the future.
Both oral and poster presentations will be included in the conference program. Internationally leading experts will deliver keynote lectures at the ETOP-2017. It is expected that 300-350 participators from various countries will attend the conference.
- First announcement/call for papers: June 1, 2016
- Final announcement/call: October 1, 2016
- Abstracts deadline: November 1, 2016
- Papers accepted: January 1, 2017
- Program issued: April 30, 2017
- Pre-registration deadline: January 30, 2017
- Full Manuscript due date: May 1, 2017
- Proceedings issued: May 29, 2017
Early regular fee: $300 (early reduced fee* $200) Late regular fee: $400 (late reduced fee * $300)
* Reduced Fees for member of OSA, IEEE Photonics Society, ICO, SPIE
Learn more about ETOP-2017 - May 29-31, 2017 hosted at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Interested in hosting ETOP in 2019? Download the ETOP Guidance Packet and Application (pdf).
ETOP Proceedings - Free and Online
ETOP conferences proceedings are available free online in OSA Publishing's Digital Library.