The OSA Traveling Lecturer Program provides funding for Student Chapters and Local Sections to host a guest speaker of their choosing annually. Chapters and sections may invite a distinguished speaker from our Traveling Lecturer Directory
or may choose to invite any OSA Member from our Member Directory
OSA will reimburse lecturers up to $1,500 USD for their airfare and hotel costs. Please note that chapter and section lecture requests are approved on a first-come, first-served basis
as there is a limited amount of funding is available for the OSA Traveling Lecturer Program.
The OSA Traveling Lecturer Program has concluded for the 2015 fiscal year
Are you an OSA Member who is interested in becoming a Traveling Lecturer? Complete the OSA Traveling Lecturer Participation Form to join our distinguished speakers!
Due to the high demand for this quality program and its limited funding we are no longer accepting applications for 2015. Please check back in November to learn how you can request a lecturer for 2016. If you have questions or would like more information about the OSA Traveling Lecturer Program, please email email@example.com
TIMELINE FOR HOSTING AN OSA TRAVELING LECTURER
90 Days Prior to Lecture
- Determine the day of your meeting and select an OSA Traveling Lecturer to invite to speak to your Student Chapter or Local Section.
- Student Chapters and Local Sections may select a lecturer from the OSA Traveling Lecturer Directory (log-in required), which includes information on speakers’ credentials, areas of expertise and lecture topics.
- Chapters and sections may select a speaker who is not listed in the OSA Traveling Lecturer Directory, but the individual must be an OSA Member to be eligible for this program. Current members can be found in the OSA Member Directory (log-in required)
- Once you have decided on a date for your lecture and selected a lecturer, submit the Host a Speaker Form.
- OSA will invite the selected Traveling Lecturer on your behalf to visit your chapter or section.
60 Days Prior to Lecture
- Once the Traveling Lecturer accepts your invitation, OSA will notify your chapter or section and will provide the lecturer with instructions for completing the OSA Travel Expense Report after the event.
- Please note that no reimbursement for Traveling Lecturers will be authorized without prior approval from OSA.
- After receiving confirmation from OSA, your chapter or section should work directly with the lecturer to finalize their travel arrangements and confirm the lecture topic. You may wish to use our Traveling Lecturer Confirmation Template when contacting your lecturer.
- Confirm with OSA if your chapter or section is willing to record the lecture. If needed, OSA can loan your chapter or section recording equipment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
30 Days Prior to Lecture
- Contact your Traveling Lecturer to confirm final arrangements and travel plans.
- Verify that the lecturer has made all necessary travel arrangements.
- Confirm that the lecturer has all the correct logistical information, including the date, time and location, for your meeting.
- Verify that your Traveling Lecturer has arrived at their hotel and is ready to make their presentation. Designate a chapter or section member to transport and/or greet the lecturer at the meeting location.
After the Lecture
- Send a thank you letter on behalf of your chapter or section to the Traveling Lecturer. For your convenience, please refer to the Traveling Lecturer Thank You Letter Template.
- Complete the Traveling Lecturer Event Summary/Evaluation
If you have any questions regarding these steps, please contact us by email: email@example.com
or by phone: +1 202.416.1915