Learn More About Hosting a Traveling Lecturer
The OSA Traveling Lecturer Program provides funding for Student Chapters and Local Sections to host a guest speaker of their choosing annually. Invited lecturers must be members of OSA and the Traveling Lecturer Program to be eligible. Chapters and sections may search for a distinguished speaker through our Traveling Lecturer Directory.
How to Apply:
Step 1. The chapter or local section will complete a Traveling Lecturer Request Form through the OSA Grants Database.
- Must be 90 days prior to the proposed lecture date to ensure enough time for travel and confirmation.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling bases throughout the year and granted as funding is available.
- Lecturer requested must be in the Traveling Lecturer Directory to be eligible to participate in the program.
How the program works:
Following the completion of the program:
Step 1. OSA will send an invitation to the requested lecturer and host chapter or section once a request has been approved.
Step 2. Traveling lecturer agrees to participate* and OSA provides the traveling lecturer with a confirmation email outlining the travel and lodging process and expectations for the lecture.
Step 3. The chapter or local section contacts the lecturer to confirm all other event arrangements and details.
* If a lecturer does not agree to participate the chapter contact will work with the OSA staff to identify another lecturer to invite.
The chapter or local section is required to login to the OSA Grants Database
to complete the follow up details.
- Chapters who do not complete this step will be ineligible for this benefit the following year.
- The chapter should send a "thank you" to the lecturer for giving of their time and providing an exceptional experience.
If you have any questions regarding these steps, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone: +1 202.416.1915