Child Care Support
Grants of up to four hundred dollars (US$ 400) per family, per calendar year, are available to assist OSA members who are bringing children to selected OSA-sponsored meetings or conferences*, or who incur extra expenses in leaving them at home (e.g., extra day care or babysitting services). Grants may be used for a single meeting or may be divided between eligible conferences during the calendar year.
Grant recipients are solely responsible for their choice of child care provider. OSA does not endorse any child care providers.
Applying for a Grant
- Complete an application for Child Care Grant
- Email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants are requested to submit applications at least thirty (30) days prior to the start date of the first conference for which funds are to be used. Applications received closer to the conference date may not receive consideration. Grant recipients will be notified prior to the conference.
Eligible costs include babysitters (onsite at the conference location or extra expenses for additional child care at home) and airfare/hotel for a caregiver to accompany the child to the conference location.
Not eligible for reimbursement:
Meals, toys, onsite transportation and tickets to museums or other attractions are not eligible for reimbursement. Normal child care expenses (nanny, babysitter, after school care) not related to attendance at the meeting or conference are not eligible for reimbursement.
Receiving a Reimbursement
- Submit a reimbursement request form
- First-time applicants must also submit a W-9 form (U.S. citizens and U.S. resident aliens) or a W-8 form (non-U.S. residents)
- Attach original receipts
- Deadline: Reimbursement forms should be submitted as soon as possible after the close of each conference for which funds are requested. Due to fiscal reporting requirements, OSA is unable to honor reimbursement requests received after 30 November.
Funds will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that the number of requests for grants exceeds the funding available, preference will be given to applicants in the early stages of their careers.
* Grants may be used for the following meetings:
- OSA Winter Leadership Conference
- Frontiers in Optics/OSA Annual Meeting
Questions: Contact email@example.com