OSA recently initiated this new form of meeting to provide unique and focused experiences, providing researchers, engineers and business leaders in niche fields a valuable opportunity to meet and discuss advances, challenges and opportunities regarding their research. OSA Incubators:
- Target emerging topics and fields that do not have the critical mass needed to support an OSA topical meeting structure.
- Function to further the interest and support of promising topic areas, assessing the broader implications of the topic for future research and application.
- Explore possibilities for greater inclusion and propagation of the topic into peer-reviewed topical meeting and/or congresses or conferences.
- Encourage extensive formal and informal discussion while establishing a sense of community among participants.
- Offer a valuable means of disseminating information and ideas in a way that cannot be achieved through the usual channels of communication—publications and presentations at large scientific meetings.
Propose a New Incubator
OSA continuously strives to expand the incubator program to examine new and burgeoning topics. Please use this form to propose an Incubator you would be interested in hosting or a topic area you would recommend OSA explore.
Read blog posts on past Incubators.
Integrated Semiconductor Quantum Photonic Devices
18-20 June 2017
Daniel Gammon, Navy Research Laboratory, United States
Pascale Senellart, C2N-CNRS, University Paris Savclay, France
Glenn Solomon, Joint Quantum Institute/NIST, United States
Edo Waks, University of Maryland/Joint Quantum Institute, United States
25-27 June 2017
Chris Bardeen, University of California Riverside, United States
Antti Makinen, Office of Naval Research, United States
Peter A. Morrison, Office of Naval Research, United States
Ravi Shankar, University of Pittsburgh, United States
Small Eyes & Smart Minds Incubator
4-6 October 2017
Rama Chellappa, University of Maryland, United States
Francisco Imai, Imaging Consultant, United States
Ashok Veeraraghavan, Rice University, United States