Laser Ignition Conference 2013
04/23/2013 - 04/26/2013
Contact: Takunori Taira
A. High brightness lasers for ignition and diagnostics
- Micro solid-state photonics: advanced laser crystals, laser ceramics, and micro-domain controlled materials
- Giant micro-photonics: mega-watt class giant pulse generation from micro photonics
- High power and reliable diode lasers: high power VCSELs, DFB and VBG based diodes, etc.
- High power and reliable fiber or fiber lasers, include pump delivery or giant pulse generation
B. Laser ignited engines for power generation and vehicle
- Laser induced breakdown plasma and combustion process analysis
- Laser ignition for electrical power generator and gas engine
- Laser ignition for automobile engine, using gasoline, gas, or any other fuels.
- Future combustion systems: combination with plasma assisted combustion
C. Applications of high brightness laser (Should be Joint Symposium)
- Nonlinear optics: harmonic wave generation, optical parametric generation, sum and differential wave
- Diagnostics: LIBS, mass spectroscopy, gas sensing, etc.
- Materials processing: laser drilling, laser peening, etc.
- Bio-medical applications: multi-photon microscopy, laser surgery, laser therapy, etc.