Photo Credit: IONS Balvanjos 2017
Learn More About Becoming a Traveling Lecturer
The OSA Traveling Lecturer Program provides funding for Student Chapters and Local Sections to host a guest speaker of their choosing annually. As a traveling lecturer, you are afforded the opportunity to travel around the world on behalf of The Optical Society and provide technical and/or professional development lectures, which provides a lasting impact.
A full list of distinguished speakers currently enrolled in the program is available through our Traveling Lecturer Directory*
Traveling Lecturer Benefits and Commitments:
How the Program Works:
- The ability to work with the OSA Travel Agency to customize your trip by booking transportion and lodging accommodations without any out-of-pocket expenses at the lowest logical fare.
- Lecturers who choose to book their own travel and hotel accommodations can receive a reimbursment of up to $1500 (USD) towards their transportation and lodging with proper expense report and receipts submitted.
- The opportunity to be highlighted in the OSA member newsletter, Traveling Lecturer Directory*, and website.
- Share the impact and experience of your lecture through the OSA Blog.
- Members can provide up to two lectures each year upon request.
- Participants must be active OSA members.
- Students are not eligible to participate in this program as a lecturer.
- Additional lectures may be approved upon request.
- OSA Chapters and Sections can select an OSA Traveling Lecturer from the directory and complete a request form on the OSA Grants Database. Please note that not all members of this program will be requested each year and the more complete OSA member profile you have the more likely you are to be requested.
- OSA invites the lecturer on the chapter/section behalf and confirms the lecture.
- The lecturer books travel once confirmation is received from OSA.
- The chapter/section contact coordinates the details of the lecture topic(s) and visit logistics.
- Lecturer completes the post event follow up and submits reimbursement form with travel and hotel receipts.
* The Traveling Lecturer Directory is part of the OSA Universal Directory and you must select "Traveling Lecturer
" in order to sort the list.
If you have any questions regarding these steps, please contact us by email: email@example.com
or by phone: +1 202.416.1991.
Become a Traveling Lecturer
The Optical Society (OSA) is seeking new members to join this prestigious program. Join today following these simple steps:
- Login to the My Account section of OSA.org and select “Participation”
- Scroll down and Select “Become a Traveling Lecturer”
- Update your discussion topics, speaker credentials, and update a photo to assist chapters and sections as they select a lecturer
You can update your profile at any time. For any assistance please click here
Help Us Continue this Program's Impact
Through a donation to the OSA Foundation, you can help us fund even more Traveling Lectures.