Boris P. Stoicheff Memorial Scholarship
Established in 2011 by the OSAF and the Canadian Association of Physicists Educational Trust Fund (CAP-ETF), this program pays tribute to Boris P. Stoicheff, an internationally renowned laser spectroscopist who also served as President of OSA (1976) and CAP (1983-84).
This scholarship is awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student who has demonstrated both research excellence and significant service to the optics community.
The scholarship rotates annually between the OSAF and CAP Educational Trust Fund (CAP-ETF).
- Be an accepted, registered or enrolled full time graduate student studying astronomy, chemistry, electrical engineering, medical physics, or an optics, photonics, or physics related subject.
- Have at least one publication in a peer-reviewed journal that is recognized by the awarding society.
- Have made at least one conference presentation at a scientific meeting recognized by OSA.
- Have an accepted submission at the FiO or CAP conference.
- Demonstrate community service, which may include but is not limited to: leadership in a student association or other student organization at the undergraduate or graduate level.