Your donation today will provide students and early-career professionals with the tools and opportunities to succeed in optics and photonics.
Our portfolio of nearly 20 programs assists students and early-career professionals with traveling to scientific meetings, enhancing their academic and professional abilities, and recognizing their achievements and contributions to the community.
Here's what the average gift can accomplish:
- $10,000 - Establishes 10 webinar programs focused on career development, business basics/entrepreneurship, and diversity inclusion in the workplace. These webinars can have a reach of 15,000 individuals per year.
- $5,000 - Enables OSAF to partner with programs like Tech Trek, introducing the principles of science to 1,600 middle school girls each year.
- $1,000 - Allows a student from a developing nation with the chance to attend a scientific meeting anywhere in the world.
- $500 - Provides 2 Optics Suitcases for student chapters, local sections, and engaged educators to utlize when teaching the importance of light in their communities. With materials for 50 students, this level of commitment can effectively impact 100 people worldwide.
- $100 - Offers a student chapter with funding to host an education outreach event for their neighborhood, introducing interested parties to the power of optics!
- $25 - This is what we like to call the "building block" gift. As these gifts multiply, so does the impact that they provide! If every attendee of just one topical meeting supported OSAF at this amount, we could host a week-long summer school focused on academic and career development.
You can make a difference today with your gift. Donate online today by clicking here, or you may print and return our donation form. OSA matches each gift 100% in addition to covering all overhead costs. This means your gift has twice the impact and all funds go directly to programming.
For information on other ways to support the OSA Foundation, please contact the Foundation at +1.202.416.1416 or email email@example.com.
The Employer Identification Number (EIN) for The OSA Foundation is 71-0913500.