Early Career Professionals Program
The OSA Early Career Professionals Program supports and engages members who have completed their highest degrees and are 40 years old (or younger) through interactive workshops, online resources and volunteer opportunities. This program provides members diverse, career-building experiences and facilitates valuable networking opportunities with top researchers and Industry leaders from around the world.
Potential Programs and volunteer opportunities include:
- Exhibit Hall "How To": Learn how to leverage in person engagement with exhibit floor vendors at a meeting and the questions to ask if you are job searching.
- Technical Meetings & Conferences: Preside over sessions, solicit and evaluate papers, blog/tweet about meetings and participate as program committee members.
- Professional Development: Participate in person at a meeting or virtually to learn more about how to transition from academia to industry, communicate science to the public, and other skills necessary to move forward in your career.
- OSA Ambassador Program: Serve as a leader in the field as an ambassador to student chapters and other early career professionals. To learn more check out the OSA Ambassador page.
- Journal Publications: Review articles and participate in special initiatives such as providing feedback on new topic areas for OSA publications.
- Community and Education Outreach: Assist with youth education outreach program development, grant reviews and translation of OSA materials.
If you have questions or would like more information about the Early Career Professionals Program, please email EarlyCareer@osa.org.