OSA Industry Development Associates (OIDA) Member Benefits
Market Update Reports
- Bi-monthly reports on industry sectors.
- Provided in PowerPoint format.
- Available to all employees of member company.
Human Resource Benefits: Secure the Right Talent through WORKinOPTICS.com
- Post 20 job openings at no charge, with additional postings at 50% off. Recruiters receive an additional 10 postings at no charge.
- Access the database of resumes from hundreds of eligible candidates at no charge.
- Track how often your jobs are viewed by job seekers.
- Create automatic resume alerts to notify you when qualified candidates register.
Executive Benefits: Tap into Market Intelligence
- Exclusive networking opportunities allow executives to develop new business contacts and connect with customers through special events at major industry conferences and trade shows.
- The highly regarded annual Executive Forum provides an opportunity to gather competitive and marketing information from the top companies in the optical communications industry. Members receive two event registrations for the price of one.
- Opportunities to participate in OSA committees give you access to industry and OSA leadership and the chance to influence future programs.
Sales and Marketing Benefits: Leverage OSA's Reach to Gain Greater Brand Visibility
- Increase exposure with your company's profile in the searchable online OIDA Member Directory.
- Gain exclusive access to OSA's global individual membership base of 19,000 optics professionals. As an Industry Member, your first mailing list order includes 5,000 names at no charge.
- Take advantage of exhibit discounts at Frontiers in Optics and OSA topical meetings.
- Receive advertising discounts in Optics & Photonics News, which reaches nearly 20,000 optics professionals.
- Membership saves you 15% on display and classified ads.
- Receive lobbying assistance from OSA's lobbying firm.
- Get introduced to Government Agency contacts.
- Use Monthly Grants Report to stay informed of grant opportunities.
Public Relations Benefits: Let OSA's PR Team Boost Your Corporate Awareness
- Use the online PR Toolkit, available only to OIDA Members, which includes templates and information on creating a media strategy, writing a press release, holding a press conference and much more.
- Include your company's news releases in Industry Newsmakers, OSA's quarterly round-up of industry member news announcements sent to targeted media.
- Post your press releases on OSA.org, which has over 45,000 visitors per month
- Receive updates on industry media staff changes.
- Get expert advice from OSA's professional PR staff.
- Receive Business Wire discounts that include 10% off all U.S. news release distribution.
- Receive weekly Media Monitoring Report.
Learn more about these benefits or contact OSA's PR staff.
R&D Benefits: Access Technical Resources and Invest in Your Team
Receive up to 20 Individual Memberships, which include:
- 50 free downloads from OSA Publishing's Digital Library (formerly Optics InfoBase): choose from more than 272,000 journal articles, images and conference proceedings
- Complimentary subscriptions to Optics & Photonics News and Physics Today (online and print)
- Substantial discounts for meeting and conference registrations and journal subscriptions
- Worldwide networking opportunities at members-only events and through online resources
- Career Services including special WORKINOPTICS.com members-only benefits
- Five technical group affiliations to assure you are updated and well-connected with your technical community
- Professional recognition through grants, awards and fellowships
- And much more!
The number of individual memberships assigned to each Industry Member is based on the company’s membership category:
|OIDA Member Type
||Number of Free Individual OSA Memberships for Company Employees
|Tier 1: Less than $2 Million
|Tier 2: $2-$10 Million
|Tier 3: $10-$20 Million
|Tier 4: $20-$50 Million
|Tier 5: $50-$100 Million
|Tier 6: $100-$500 Million
|Tier 7: $500 Million-$1 Billion
|Tier 8: Over $1 Billion
|Special Rates: University/Cluster
|Special Rates: Recruiter/Non Profit
Join OSA Industry
Download the Industry Development Associates Membership Brochure (pdf)
OSA Industry Development Associates (OIDA)Membership Delivers Business Value through Best-In-Class Member Benefits and Exceptional Advocacy
OIDA Members Networking at OSA Frontiers in Optics
Left to right: Martin Seifert, Claudio Mazzali and Anjul Loiacono