OSA Treasurer's Award
This award recognizes the dedication, efficiency, innovation and leadership demonstrated by the OSA staff. It is presented to a staff member who makes significant contributions to organizational excellence, promotes and enacts innovative solutions or exemplifies inspirational leadership.
The nominator must be a current OSA member or staff members. OSA Executive Staff
members may not submit nominations.
A candidate must have two or more years of employment with OSA to be nominated. Full and part-time staff are eligible.
Candidates may be nominated in one of three categories, which best define their most significant contribution. The award selection committee will review the nomination with an emphasis on the selected category.
- Excellence - Recognizes an individual who continually seeks excellence in practice. They often "take it to the next level."
- Displays initiative and excellence by increasing organizational efficiency, significantly improving systems, technical procedures or administrative practices.
- Develops and uses novel approaches to work practices, adding a creative edge that otherwise was absent.
- Provides a creative contribution to building a brand or identity for their team, department and OSA.
- Demonstrates through the execution of their job the brand values of OSA.
- Innovation - Recognizes an individual who demonstrates or accomplishes innovation in the workplace.
- Develops an effective solution to a difficult existing problem or improves overall effectiveness through a new method or approach.
- Develops and implements an innovative plan for the good of the Society.
- Generates novel and valuable ideas and uses these ideas to develop new or improved processes, methods, systems, programs or services for their team/division.
- Inspirational Leadership - Recognizes an individual who inspires others to strive for perfection. They influence without authority, often putting others’ interests ahead of their own. "A champion of the staff."
- Fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity, which contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of productivity.
- Shows true leadership qualities in managing their staff/service/system effectively.
- Leads transformational change for the benefit of peers.
- Inspires and motivates others to take advantage of opportunities to enhance their own lives whether professionally or personally.
Award Nomination Requirements
1. Name of the nominated staff member
2. Proposed award citation (no more than 30 - 35 words)
3. A one to two-page narrative detailing the nominee's achievements and contributions.
4. Nomination category
5. A minimum of two references (no more than three). At least one reference must be from OSA staff. References should be no longer than 250 words. OSA Executive Staff members may not serve as references.