Kevin P. Thompson Optical Design Innovator Award
This award recognizes significant contributions to lens design, optical engineering, or metrology by an individual as evidenced by one or more of the following: innovative and rigorous research; optical system design with a foundation in aberration theory; development of advanced metrology capabilities; product development; patents; or publications.
The contribution is deemed significant, in that, an individual, who is at such an early phase of their career, has contributed substantially by advancing the discipline or application area.
11 October - deadline extended
The nominator must be a current OSA member or be employed by an OSA Industry Development Associates member company.
Nominees must be within ten (10) years of the completion of their highest degree earned in the year the award is presented, excluding career breaks (e.g., eldercare, maternity or paternity leave, adoption). There is no membership requirement for the nominees.
Award Nomination Requirements
1. Name and email address for the nominee
2. Proposed award citation (no more than 30 - 35 words)
3. A one-page narrative/introductory statement describing the nominee's novel, pioneering, or leading edge accomplishments, with an emphasis on how their work has been recognized as especially promising.
4. Nominee's resume or CV, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key: patents, awards, honors, activities, publications, reports or product releases, and OSA service.
5. Four letters of reference (i.e., 4 is both the minimum and the maximum). Diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference. The name and email address is required for each reference.
6. If the candidate has taken a career break, a brief explanation for the nature of the break is requested.
7. Optional listing of additional patents, publications, reports or product releases, or additional support for the nominee
Note – all documents must in PDF format.