Herbert Walther Award
This award honors Professor Herbert Walther for the seminal influence of his ground-breaking innovations in quantum optics and atomic physics, and for his wide-ranging contributions to the international scientific community. The Award is jointly made by Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (DPG) and OSA, and presented by each society in alternate years.
The award recognizes distinguished contributions in quantum optics and atomic physics as well as leadership in the international scientific community..
There are no membership or country of residence restrictions for nominators.
There are no membership or country of residence restrictions for nominees.
Award Nomination Requirements
Nominations for the 2018 award should be emailed to Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (DPG) at email@example.com and include:
- Name and contact information for the nominee and nominator
- Proposed award citation (no more than 30 - 35 words)
- A one-page narrative statement describing significant aspects of the nominee’s achievements and career
- Nominee's vita or resume, listing educational background, positions held, and highlighting key: publications, patents, awards, honors, activities and OSA service
- Optional supporting documents such as a full patent and/or publication list may also be included
- Four (4) letters of reference. Note - diversity of support is preferred; not all letters of recommendation should come from the nominee's institution. The nominator may not serve as a reference.