||OFC/NFOEC will deliver exclusive and timely programming for the 15,000 people expected to attend the conference. Here’s a preview:
- OFC/NFOEC 2008 Plenary Session, scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 26, featuring:
- Bob Metcalfe, general partner, Polaris Ventures;
- Herwig Kogelnik, adjunct photonics systems research vice president, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent;
- Pieter Poll, chief technology officer, Qwest Communications Corporation, Inc.
•••••• •Join these industry leaders for a unique perspective into today’s business realities.
- Market Watch: Business and Technology - This three-day series of panel sessions, held Feb. 26-28, engages the applications and business communities in the field of optical communications. Presentations and panel discussions feature esteemed guest speakers from the industry, research and investment communities. Companies presenting include Avanex, Intel, Incubic, Mintera, Morgan, Keegan & Co. and Ovum-RHK.
- The Service Provider Summit is a dynamic program with topics and speakers of interest to CTOs, network architects, network designers and technologists within the service provider and carrier sector. The Service Provider Summit will be held Wednesday, Feb. 27 and will feature a keynote presentation from Reed Hundt, former FCC chairman. Other speakers include executives from Infinera, AT&T Labs, NeoPhotonics, NTT, Verizon, Advanced Access Technologies, Force10 Networks and Facebook, Inc.
- Hundreds of educational workshops and tutorial sessions.
Private media events will include:
- A media lunch panel at 12 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 26 - OFC/NFOEC representatives and participating panelists from the scientific, corporate and analyst communities will provide a high-level view of the industry and specifically the migration from 40G to 100G.
Colleen Morrison, OFC/NFOEC, 202.416.1437, firstname.lastname@example.org or Keira Shein, WilkinsonShein Communications, 410.363.9494, email@example.com